The initial public offerings (IPOs), or other public offerings, tend to follow a very complex and rather stressful process. Companies that strive to stay within best practices begin preparing for the IPO one year before the expected transaction. During this time, different internal and external teams consisting of lawyers, investment bankers, accountants and financiers, should be prepared to share information extensively. The Virtual Data Room provides a modern, secure and well-structured storage system, which allows for the management team to focus on the business of preparing the IPO instead of spending hours and hours assembling and organizing the documents. As a result, the company is better prepared for the IPO process in advance and there will be minimal risks of any critical information getting into the wrong hands.
There are several different participants involved in the preparation process, such as investment bankers, attorneys, accountants, financial sponsors, underwriters, company executives, and board members. All of them will be able to take advantage of the IPO data room in order to complete the following:
- To create a secure document structure repository, which enables the storage of necessary information in one place and allows immediate access to key information.
- To upload new information seamlessly as soon as it becomes available. Any new acquired documentation can be added to a single centralized repository quickly and easily with viewers being automatically alerted as the new documents become available.
- To access documents and work with them 24 hours per a, 7 days a week and 365 days a year from any location. This enables team members to log on and manage their work from remote locations via their standard web-browser.
- To use our flexible online search tools, which allow users to save a significant amount of time.
- To start and/or join a Q&A session to get quick answers to questions.
- To proactively manage working group activities using tracking and audit tools provided by the online data room. This makes it easy to monitor the review process and to notify team members of any outstanding documents that require examination, which helps keep the project on schedule.
- To facilitate third-party audit.
- To prepare memorandums and management presentations regardless of size in a secure environment without worrying about e-mail or FTP limitations.
- To respond to SEC comment letter(s) and complete corresponding due diligence.
- To support road show queries in real-time.
Security and support
The IPO data room is based on the most advanced security technology in terms of both technical and operational environments. That is why many leading worldwide companies are able to trust their critical documents and transactions to iDeals™ secure data room
We are ready to answer all your questions and help you make your IPO process as secure, comfortable and successful as possible.